Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Damage

A lot of people have been asking me how much my house was actually damaged. Here are some pics of my house taken in Oct/Nov 2005. Not much has changed since then, except that I had the roof replaced and the wiring redone.


The front of the house. Since this photo was taken, the front door (not the iron security door, but the custom-milled wooden door) has been stolen. Thieves have been stealing architectural details off people's houses since the storm hit and neighborhoods were left abandoned.



My house got at least 3-4 feet of flooding. The water tipped over the fridge in the kitchen. This appliance has since been removed from the house. Also, part of the ceiling fell in, as you can see.



Here's the gaping hole in the kitchen ceiling.



The floors were damaged a little, but I think they're salvageable. I just have to refinish them. They were painted before I bought the house, so that's part of the reason for the awful coloring.



This is the shed behind the house. The garage door was ripped off. There's lots of debris inside that still needs to be cleared out and I think it needs a new roof. I could use it as a garage, a washroom or maybe a studio of some sort. The previous owners put their music studio back there.



Hello, gross bathtub. I probably would've replaced you anyway. Why are you pink?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you wish they had stolen that refridgerator and that pink tub too, hahaha!!

Jimani

Anonymous said...

What's up Cuz? I finally made it to your blog. Great job! I've read every single one. Hopefully we can have a real convo. soon and stop playing phone tag. 1 question one comment. I know that the blog is not intended to reflect your innermost thoughts, but I thought the first entry was the best. Very engaging. I felt every word you typed. Question: did you contact your representative? Did your mother find out why she didn't get funded? Just curious. Keep up the good work.